Random interesting facts
Monday, October 12th, 2009 Oct 12th, 2009 leave a response

kate3

This is me, without make up and my dog, Hunter, who looks beautiful without make up, because he just is. I really don’t like photo’s of myself I don’t know why. It’s not that I think I’m pug ugly or anything, it’s just that I don’t ever think I look like a still picture of me because I’m always smiling or frowning, my face is a marvel of motion LOL.

I’m super busy at the moment trying to get Simply VI finished up and Tudor Vampire’s book #1 KISS OF THE ROSE, written. Both are coming along nicely, but I almost always get sick in November, so I’m trying to get everything done ahead of schedule so that I can just die quietly for a few days if I need to.

Trivia fact of the week. In all the books I have a little habit or giving the surnames of writers I admire to some of my characters. For example, Peter Howard is named after one of my all-time favorite writers, Linda Howard and Philip Ross, is named after another Julia Ross. Sprinkled in my books you’ll also find Austen, Roberts, Ward, and several other well-known names. It gives me a little thrill to put them in there as a sort of homage to my genre.
Now you’ll all be checking, won’t you?

10 comments to “Random interesting facts”

1. Ciar Cullen
      · October 12th, 2009 at 1:49 pm · Link

You look mahvelous dahlin. Really, what a pretty lady. And don’t go getting sick in November. Start up on green tea and get a flu shot, and that’s an order, pretty lady.

• Kate
      1.1
        · October 12th, 2009 at 1:51 pm · Link

Yes ma’am πŸ˜‰

2. Fedora
      · October 12th, 2009 at 3:37 pm · Link

You and your pooch look wonderful! And grab a nap and a piece of chocolate too! (Isn’t it chock full of antioxidants or something? ;))

• Kate
      2.1
        · October 12th, 2009 at 4:06 pm · Link

Chocolate is just full of everything I love :mrgreen:

3. Maria Geraci
      · October 12th, 2009 at 3:59 pm · Link

Kate, you look fabulous! And so does your pooch:)

I’m confused, though. I don’t recall any characters in your books by the last name of Geraci. Could that be a printing oversight, do you think?

• Kate
      3.1
        · October 12th, 2009 at 4:06 pm · Link

Geraci’s a tough one to fit into historical England but I promise you I’ll get it in there one day πŸ™‚

• Maria Geraci
        3.1.1
          · October 12th, 2009 at 4:14 pm · Link

Hey, you could always have a mysterious Italian lover, no? Or perhaps a beautiful opera singer? Either one will do nicely πŸ˜†

• Kate
        3.1.2
          · October 12th, 2009 at 4:28 pm · Link

I’ll bear it in mind πŸ™‚

· October 13th, 2009 at 12:08 pm · Link

Maria took my response. I don’t remember seeing any Francis or McKenzie (maiden name) I would make a fabulous Scottish Harlot, don’t you think? πŸ˜€

• Kate Pearce
      4.1
        · October 13th, 2009 at 1:43 pm · Link

Adding both to my list, altho as I’m never ever to write about a Scots person, it will probably have to be Francis LOL