Ten Things I haven’t done…
Wednesday, September 23rd, 2009 Sep 23rd, 2009 leave a response

sw-with-o2

1. I have never climbed Mount Everest and I have no intention of ever doing so. I don’t like the cold.

2. I have never seen the following movies: Titanic, Dirty Dancing, or Spiderman.

3. I have never cooked a piece of beef, lamb or pork. I stopped eating red meat when I was about 18 and have never regretted it. If they want it, my hubby and kids have to get take out or cook it themselves.

4. I have never been to Scotland, despite living in England for more than 30 years of my life. I only went to Ireland for the first time this year.

5. I have never had a tattoo, but that might change.

6. I have never gone up in a hot air balloon-I would like to, but I have skydived.

7. I have never won a RITA from Romance Writers of America.

8. I have never dyed my hair blond-pink and black, yes, but never blond.

9. I have never ridden a camel or an elephant. I’d like to try both.

10. I have never been to an NFL game or a baseball, but I have seen MLS and watched cricket and football in the UK.

What have you never done?

15 comments to “Ten Things I haven’t done…”

1. Inez Kelley
      · September 23rd, 2009 at 2:12 pm · Link

I have never gotten a tattoo, but might one day.

I have never ridden a horse, but might one day.

I have never visited Ireland, but might one day.

I have never sold to NY, but might one day.

• Kate
      1.1
        · September 23rd, 2009 at 2:28 pm · Link

Wow we are ‘like’ in reverse 😯 I have done everything you haven’t except get a tattoo and I want one one day 🙂

2. Danielle Yockman
      · September 23rd, 2009 at 2:16 pm · Link

1. I have never jumped out of a perfectly good airplane (nor a crashing one)!
    2. I have never dyed my hair pink, red, blue…or any other crayola crayon color. I have never eaten snails.
    3. I have not gotten a huge tattoo (but that will change as soon as I sell my first book!), just a small one.

I can’t think of anything else significant….

• Kate
      2.1
        · September 23rd, 2009 at 2:29 pm · Link

So we all want tattoos- 🙂 I’m okay with that!

3. Aurora
      · September 23rd, 2009 at 2:17 pm · Link

I have never traveled outside the US but have been to Disney World over 300 times. I have never ironed a single piece of clothing but have used a clothes iron on my hair! (6th grade ’91 before the flat iron phenom) . I have never seen Star Wars, Braveheart or Bill & Teds Excellent Adventure!

• Kate
      3.1
        · September 23rd, 2009 at 2:31 pm · Link

Disney world 300 times 😯 !!! I have been twice and that was about enough for me!
      I ironed my stomach once because I was in a rush and ironed my skirt while I was still wearing it-I have still have the scar 🙂

I have never seen Braveheart either-note lack of interest in Scotland as mentioned above. But no Star Wars?? Wow

4. April Morelock
      · September 23rd, 2009 at 3:14 pm · Link

1. I’ve never died/bleached or covered my hair color in any way and never (until recently) thought I might… (I’m nervous about the gray hairs peeking out… does it make me look mature or does it just ruin the dark chestnut brown of my hair?)

2. I’ve never had a novel published – this will change any day now.

3. I’ve never been on a top seller list – top list of priorities.

4. I never played a sport (Some Tae Kwon Do but not really competitively)—not starting now.

5. I have been to Scotland and want to go again!!!! (And to England)

The list could go on and on… but you can bet climbing Mount Everest, skydiving, or anything crazy like that (yes, I’m saying it now…you’re crazy) will be on that list of things I hope to do.

• Kate
      4.1
        · September 23rd, 2009 at 7:32 pm · Link

It’s interesting how liberating things you haven’t done are isn’t it? there’s so much possibility for change 🙂

5. Flicka Holt
      · September 23rd, 2009 at 3:19 pm · Link

I have never watched a hockey match. And I never intend to.

I have never been to mainland Africa. Though I’d like to go one day.

I have never seen Titanic or Ghost. Just never wanted to.

And despite vigorously trying, I never managed to finish Wuthering Heights, so never read all of that either.

• Kate
      5.1
        · September 23rd, 2009 at 7:33 pm · Link

LOL I never finished Wuthering Heights either and I didn’t like Thomas Hardy or Dickens much either.
      Are you talking British hockey or ice hockey?

6. Maria Geraci
      · September 23rd, 2009 at 4:22 pm · Link

Kate, you’ve really never seen DD or Titanic?? Spiderman was just okay for me, but Titanic??? You must see it. And DD? Absolutely!
    PS My list of things I’ve never done is so long it wouldn’t fit:)

• Kate
      6.1
        · September 23rd, 2009 at 7:34 pm · Link

I can’t believe you have a long list, Maria 🙂 And I have absolutely no intentin of watching Titanic when I know it ends horribly-I like my HEA 🙂

7. Dana Mentink
      · September 24th, 2009 at 9:02 am · Link

I’ve never gone scuba diving because I’m quite sure I smell like something a shark would find juicy. Also, I’ve never used one of those little yellow emoticons. They frighten me.

• Kate
      7.1
        · September 24th, 2009 at 10:53 pm · Link

:mrgreen: 😐 😈 😯 😳
      One of these, Dana??? I love them 😉

8. Feisty
      · September 29th, 2009 at 4:44 pm · Link

I have a great idea. Let’s get our faces tattooed like rocks.