Sad News
Monday, January 5th, 2009 Jan 5th, 2009 leave a response

My lovely Mother-in-Law who came to visit us every year from Dublin, Ireland died on New Years Eve. We were with her right to the end and it was all very peaceful. She was quite old, (I’m not going to tell you how old because like many ladies of her era her age was a big secret, but she was getting up there. LOL)

She was incredibly proud of me and very supportive of my efforts to write despite having four kids. She did read some of my very early romance stuff and skipped the ‘naughty bits’ as she called them, but she enjoyed the books overall. She told everyone how great I was-how great is that? I was incredibly lucky to have known her and loved her.

Send some good thoughts and prayers to Mr Kate Pearce and our kids. They’d appreciate them- and apologies if the blog is a bit quiet over the next 2 weeks…

7 comments to “Sad News”

1. Karen Erickson
      · January 5th, 2009 at 10:29 pm · Link

I’m sorry for your family’s loss Kate. Sending hugs your way.

· January 6th, 2009 at 5:22 pm · Link

Kate, so sorry to hear of your loss, sending good thoughts to you and your family.
    KathyM (from RWAOnline)

3. Janine Ashbless
      · January 8th, 2009 at 2:39 pm · Link

Sorry to hear this Kate.
    Lucky woman to have been so appreciated by (and appreciative of) her daughter-in-law.

4. joann
      · January 8th, 2009 at 8:54 pm · Link

We were so sorry to read your very sad news Kate. We are thinking of you. With love to Mr Kate and you all.
    Jo, Evan & Nia x

5. Jen
      · January 8th, 2009 at 11:18 pm · Link

Kate, I’m so sorry for your loss. Your mother-in-law sounds like a firecracker and a real special woman.

6. Ada Lato-Esposito
      · January 11th, 2009 at 3:49 pm · Link

Kate, sorry 2 hear about ur loss. My condolences 2 u & urs.

7. Louisa Edwards
      · January 16th, 2009 at 4:05 pm · Link

I just saw this. I’m so sorry for your loss and for the pain you and your family are going through right now. If there’s anything I can possibly do to help, I hope you’ll let me know. Meantime, I’m praying for you and sending cyber casseroles your way…