Hit the road!
Tuesday, May 6th, 2008 May 6th, 2008 leave a response

This is a very rare photo of me and Mr Kate-together. I have permission from the great man to post it, mainly I suspect because it contains plenty of his other loves-cars. The car directly behind us, with the stripe, is his pride and joy a 360 Stradele. What’s not to like? And as you can see we are surrounded by Ferrari’s

This Sunday, we got to go on a mini-Ferrari rally. It wasn’t supposed to be competitive but with over a hundred Ferrari’s and some very A type personalities, I suspect there was some major jostling for position along the way. I told Mr Kate very firmly that if he raced I would throw up and that was the end of it.

We were sent on a 65 mile loop of back roads that eventually took us back to the Infineon race track where the Ferrari Challenge race series was being held over the weekend. During the journey we got a little lost when we got lazy and simply followed the person in front of us-we took a block long detour and came back out where we’d started. We also managed to miss the exit off the freeway seeing as there was a bit of too-ing and fro-ing with some other Ferrari’s and everyone missed the exit šŸ™‚

It was fun and people along the way seemed to enjoy seeing that many Ferrari’s at once-not a sight you often see on a Sunday morning! A couple of drivers who got caught up in the middle of great big bunches of Ferrari’s usually gave in and pulled over to let everyone go past-too much pressure I suspect. Although there were some Prius drivers who seemed to be quite happy to sit amongst the evil fuel guzzlers and make us all feel bad.

When we got to the race track, they let us all out in a very organized manner to do a lap around the track! This was exciting for me as I’ve never done that before. Mr K is rather blase about it having done a couple of racing courses there. Of course we only got to do about 30 MPH which was a little disappointing but it was still cool!

8 comments to “Hit the road!”

1. Bethanne
      · May 7th, 2008 at 3:01 am · Link

Oh. Very cool. Nice cars. Nice sunny day. Nice colors. Nice looking man, too.

You look very happy.

2. Dana Belfry
      · May 7th, 2008 at 3:29 am · Link

Hey Mr. Pearce IS hot!
    But the cars are…um…hotter.

Mr. Pearce is married but I’m pretty sure I could talk that Ferrari into coming home with me.

3. lillian
      · May 7th, 2008 at 4:18 am · Link

Looks like you had fun, and Mr. Kate looks exactly how I pictured him!

4. Eden Bradley
      · May 7th, 2008 at 5:05 pm · Link

Mr. Kate is cute! Okay, I know men don’t appreciate being called cute, but there it is…:)
    My guy is into paragliding-yes, he jumps off cliffs attached to a large kite for fun. Why must men do these things? *sigh*

5. TessG
      · May 7th, 2008 at 6:31 pm · Link

I’ve always wanted to ride a car on a race track! You’re right 30mph would have been disappointing!

6. MariaGeraci
      · May 8th, 2008 at 12:04 pm · Link

Great picture, Kate:) I see a story about this hot race car driver and this quiet (on the surface) English girl…

7. Terri
      · May 8th, 2008 at 2:24 pm · Link

You mean he actually exists? Gee, show a guy your Ferrari and he’s putty in your hands, hm? šŸ˜‰

Lovely picture, Kate!

8. Lacy Danes
      · May 13th, 2008 at 9:51 pm · Link

Love the photo of the two of you Kate… and the cars!

I have a love for fast cars and last year was introduced to F1 racing. I loved it. Still love the sound of them whizzing around the track.

Ferrari of course the main car in that sport.

Though I do have to say… i love my mini!

Hope you are doing well.
    hugs,