Driving me mad
Sunday, March 25th, 2007 Mar 25th, 2007 leave a response

Spring is definitely in the air in the Pearce household. Both my eldest sons are going out with real females. One I’ve met, one I’ve seen glimpses of. When I asked second son to bring girlfriend into the house to meet us, he looked at me as if I was nuts. Mr Kate and I had a lovely time telling him how we’d sit her down between us and ask her all kinds of questions, whilst feeding her tea and cucumber sandwiches. We wouldn’t do that really, but hey, after all the grief we get from our teenagers it’s nice to give something back.

Even more amazingly, eldest son is probably going to work in Target! I’m so impressed. Now all he has to do is get out of bed before 4pm on the weekend and he’ll be set. He was complaining that ‘apparently’ kids don’t get treated too well in most stores. Our reply was-so what? That’s one of the reasons it’s good to work at the bottom so that you can finally work out why you might need to get some qualifications.

Now all I have to do is get him driving. I’m not a great driver. It took me 5 attempts to pass my test. The first test I failed before I left the curb. The second, when I tried to drive off without the examiner in the car-(you get the idea). Actually, I’m a very calm person 99% of the time. The problem is the 1% when I’m a total loon. That side of me tended to come out in my driving tests. I did pass my Californian test first time but that was mainly because despite my suicidal right turn into 6 lanes of traffic, he couldn’t take enough points off. I’m going to let Mr Kate handle the driving issue!

Mr Kate is currently washing the dog. Despite being rather small, Hunter manages to shed a huge amount of hair. It’s unbelievable. And as you know from previous post, Mr K is the cleaning Nazi, he get quite het up about all the hair. Hence the weekly baths. I share my hair dryer with my dog. Even when it’s not his turn to be bathed and I have the dryer on, he comes and sits on my feet until I blow dry him as well. That’s show dogs for you!

Still busy writing. Kensington book off tomorrow in the mail. Fingers crossed it gets there. I’m trying not to read J R Ward’s ‘Lover Revealed’ too fast because I know I’ll have to wait a while for a new one. But, they are so good! I haven’t read anything for ages that has actually had me yearning to go back and finish it, so this series is a real treat! (Thanks Sian for recommending them to me!)

7 comments to “Driving me mad”

1. Wylie Kinson
      · March 26th, 2007 at 5:07 am · Link

I’m hooked on JR Ward too. I read every one in under 24 hours and was then mad at myself for not stretching them out further…
    and the waiting begins.

Good luck with ‘teenage boy driving’. Thank GOD my kids are too young for that yet! (I’ll be witless with worry when they go out, keys in hand)

And good for you for your working-teenagers attitude. That’s how they learn, and hopefully, what motivates them towards college graduation.

2. Kristen
      · March 26th, 2007 at 1:36 pm · Link

JR’s newest is a treat.

I tried reading it slow. It didn’t work. Gobbled it like a bag of yummy cookies.
    Maybe I’ll go back and read them all over again one after another.
    Hmm, then I’ll never get any work done. šŸ˜‰

Good luck with Boy driving. Toes crossed it all goes well.

Hunter is such a cute dog.

· March 26th, 2007 at 6:55 pm · Link

It’s a long time since a series has hooked me quite this much. I feel like a real fan girl!

4. Daisy Dexter Dobbs
      · March 26th, 2007 at 10:40 pm · Link

“Mr Kate and I had a lovely time telling him how we’d sit her down between us and ask her all kinds of questions, whilst feeding her tea and cucumber sandwiches.”

Oh, Kate, this really got me laughing. I can imagine the mortified expression on your son’s face. LOL

I’ve never read a JR Ward book. One of these days I will. My TBR list just keeps getting bigger and bigger because I keep buying books but can’t find the time to read them all. By the time I get to reading a “new release” that I’ve purchased the book’s more than a year old! :-0

5. Robin L. Rotham
      · March 27th, 2007 at 2:45 am · Link

In my experience, the reason most kids get treated badly on the job is because they act badly. I know I’ve had to fire my share, one of whom exclaimed indignantly, “You can’t fire me — this is a blow-off job!” If your son gives 100% when he’s on the job, I have no doubt he’ll be a valued employee.

I’ve never had an addictive personality, but waiting for JR Ward’s next Brotherhood novel has given me a real taste of what true addiction must be like. When the craving gets really bad, I’m going to try rereading them all in order — maybe that’ll be enough to get me through. šŸ˜€

6. Louisa Edwards
      · March 28th, 2007 at 12:44 pm · Link

Those Brotherhood books are totally crack. I’ve read the first three multiple times, especially Rhage’s book–I think it’s my fave, so far, although really, they’re all so great.

And Kate, this is going to sound like an infomercial, but seriously, my parents have found the coolest de-shedding tool! It’s called the Furminator (I know, I know) and it has virtually rid their house of Jack Russell hair. Which is truly something. Check it out at http://www.furminator.com.

7. Dragon Lady
      · May 29th, 2007 at 5:19 am · Link

Okay, I have to ask about Hunters background. I’m curious about which breeder you got him from. It’s been many, many years since I bred and showed Cavaliers and about 7 years since I lost my last cavalier. You have a beautiful Cavalier. I wish you many, many years of happiness with him.