Sex and Shopping out in the US today!
Tuesday, December 26th, 2006 Dec 26th, 2006 leave a response

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

“Sex and Shopping” is released in the U.S. today! I’ll have to go and check out my local Borders and see if it’s actually in there! Of course you can also order it on amazon.

I’m not actually supposed to be here…Mr Kate and I have a deal not to use our computers over the Xmas break because we’ve been a bit overloaded and overworked this year and need to actually look at each other and converse like normal folks for a few days. So don’t tell him your saw me here, okay? (he’s busy building Star Wars lego with son #3)

Just to make things worse, Mr K got me a laptop for Christmas and I can’t use it…wah!

I had a disastrous shopping experience for him this year. I lost one present somewhere in the house cos I hid it too quickly and another didn’t arrive until today-and then it was the wrong thing-I am usually good at presents but not this year, although I think he liked his Star Wars Mr Potato Head which included Darth Tater and his Father Ted dvd’s.

I think the kids all got what they wanted. Difficult to tell with teenage boys sometimes. My daughter got so much it was embarrassing. We kind of panicked at the last minute cos we hadn’t got her anything and then went into overkill mode. But as I tell the boys, all her pieces of pink plastic only add up to about the same as one of their expensive gadgets!

I always think about my father at Christmas time. He had a habit of bringing complete strangers home from the pub to share our holiday festivities because he didn’t want them to be alone. He died eighteen years ago, just before my eldest son was born and I still miss him.

My family have so much to look forward to next year. Our eldest son will graduate high school just as our daughter starts kindergarten. I keep having nightmares that I’ll always been driving to school and then I wake up and realize it’s true! Writing- wise I have a lot to accomplish as well. But I’m not complaining…not many people get to sit at a computer and dream and get paid for it.

Sending best wishes to everyone for a great 2007!

6 comments to “Sex and Shopping out in the US today!”

1. Robin L. Rotham
      · December 27th, 2006 at 4:35 am · Link

Your dad sounds like a great guy, Kate. I love people like that — they never meet a stranger.

Sorry about the Mr. K gift adventure, but if he’s anything like Mr. Robin, he’s probably not all that concerned. 😀

I, too, hid a bag of Christmas goodies that I’ve yet to find. Probably somewhere around July, I’ll unearth the marshmallow Santas, gift bags, and assorted treats.

Happy New Year to you and yours!

· December 28th, 2006 at 5:36 am · Link

Robin, I keep finding packets of gift tags everywhere! I must have bought 10 and hidden them in various places just in case1 Glad to hear it’s not just me!

3. Julia Templeton
      · December 29th, 2006 at 2:39 am · Link

Ah, lovely story, Kate! I’m sure your dad was with you in spirit.

Have a great New Year’s!

Love & hugs!

4. Kristen
      · December 31st, 2006 at 1:54 am · Link

Happy New Year, Kate!

Christmas cards are what gets lost in this house and found in July. I think it’s trying to tell me something?

Sorry about the gift snafu.

Enjoy your time off.

5. Lorraine Kalajakis
      · December 31st, 2006 at 8:08 pm · Link

greetings kate!

Don’t fall off your chair, but your supportive friend is finally checking out your blog! And I’m sure Mr K has violated the internet ban already, so don’t sweat it. Besides, having “Sex and Shopping” in the stores during the ban can easily justify a cheat or two. Your website looks fabulous – many wonderful changes since my last viewing.

I hope Mr K gets well enough for the two of you to limp away for a day or two. My Mr K is under the weather as well. He will be celebrating the new year – ready or not!

You have all the ingredients for a kick-ass year my dear. You’ve earned it and deserve it. Here’s wishing you and yours the happiest of new years. xxoo

6. Daisy Dexter Dobbs
      · December 31st, 2006 at 8:52 pm · Link

May you enjoy a bright and happy New Year, Kate, filled with great joy; the comforting warmth of love; good health and wellbeing; the delight of true friendship; and enough of whatever you want and need to fulfill your deepest dreams and desires.

Thank you for being a part of my life this past year and making it so much richer!