New Cover
Monday, December 11th, 2006 Dec 11th, 2006 leave a response

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Really delighted to get the cover for Antonia’s Bargain, my Regency-set erotic romance. It’s due out on January 10th. I think they’ve done a beautiful job. It’s subtle, dark and sexy. Who can ask for more?

It’s been a chaotic week for various reasons. My brain seems to be trying to do too many things at once (what’s new?)

On the family front, I almost managed to run my own child down when I dropped him off at school. I didn’t realize that he was still holding on to the side of the car when he bent to pick up his bag and off I went. I heard this thunking sound and immediately stopped when I realized I couldn’t see son #2 anymore. The dog fell off the back seat as I stopped so suddenly so no one was happy with me. I dashed out of the car to check son and he told me in no uncertain terms to go away because I was embarrassing him (did I mention he’s 15?)Realizing he had no injuries, I grinned at him and went to get in the car, only to notice that rather a lot of people were staring at me as if I was an ax murderer…he told me later that one of his friends said, “Dude, your mom was laughing at you.” Son shrugged and said “Yeah, she’s cool like that.”

I need son #2 to show me how to use Myspace properly. So far I have a measly 14 friends and no idea what I’m doing. Mr Kate doesn’t do Myspace so it’s back to begging help from the kids. So embarrassing.

Check me out!

I’m also way behind on the xmas shopping and still have a few cards to send across the ocean to my lovely British family and friends. The tree hasn’t gone up yet either as Mr Kate has just left for Beijing. He just called me from the plane to tell me he got upgraded to business class so he was a very happy bunny indeed!

I’m sure there is more that I’m supposed to be telling you. Ah yes! I’m involved in 2 more joint blog projects: The HEA Cafe, which is a joint blog for all the RWAOnline published authors and Lust Bites, a new blog for Virgin Black Lace and Cheek authors.
I’m a bit worried when I’m going to find the time to write these days what with all these promotional activities!

11 comments to “New Cover”

1. Lillian Feisty
      · December 15th, 2006 at 3:10 am · Link

My Space sucks. I’m learning it myself, but thanks for friending me!

Good luck with the Christmas thing. I’m skipping it this year.

Don’t run down any more children. People tend to frown on such actions.

2. Kristen
      · December 15th, 2006 at 5:54 am · Link

Can’t help you with the MySpace thing since I’m (shhh) not signed up and not likely to. πŸ™

No Christmas tree here. Since I have two kittens and one puppy (along with the adult creatures of fur), I decided to retain my sanity (what’s left) and just say no.

Give your precious pup a hug for me. He’s so darn cute.

Happy holidays, ducks.

3. Kate
      · December 15th, 2006 at 6:07 pm · Link

Thank you ladies!
    I’ll try not to run any more children down-I promise!

4. Robin L. Rotham
      · December 15th, 2006 at 7:32 pm · Link

I haven’t gotten up the nerve to even approach MySpace yet. The absolute LAST thing I want to do is post a picture of myself and I think they like that, don’t they?

And thanks for the cruel tease about Antonia’s cover. πŸ˜› I went to EC’s Coming Soon page and it’s not up yet.

Good luck with all the blogs — I stayed up late last night reading all the posts and comments at Lust Bites and it sounds like my kind of place. πŸ˜€

5. Kate
      · December 15th, 2006 at 9:29 pm · Link

Well it just goes to show that no one visits my website anymore!
    Robin, the cover is up on the website if you care to pop over there and view it.
    I originally included it with this post and then I had ‘issues’ with Blogger Beta and nothing would post so I took out all the links I thought might be causing the problem…of course it ended up being something completely different but…
    I’ll try and get it up here asap!
    Kate

6. Robin L. Rotham
      · December 17th, 2006 at 1:47 am · Link

(blushing) Thanks, Kate — didn’t think about the web site. I rarely look at them — people’s blogs tend to be more up-to-date. But I did stumble across your cover later in the day, and it is GORGEOUS!

7. Lillian Feisty
      · December 18th, 2006 at 6:48 am · Link

Oh, that is such a nice cover! Really tastful. Congrats!

8. Daisy Dexter Dobbs
      · December 20th, 2006 at 10:59 pm · Link

Ooh, the cover really is beautiful, Kate. EC did a lovely job.

I just popped over to your MySpace page. It looks wonderful! I put in an add request to be your friend so watch for the message. πŸ˜€

Hey–looks like your new beta blogger might actually let me post this time. Woohoo!

9. MariaGeraci
      · December 22nd, 2006 at 2:26 am · Link

Georgeous cover, Kate!

10. Emma Petersen
      · December 22nd, 2006 at 4:57 pm · Link

I love Myspace but I only use it for promo so I’m not on there as often as I should be! I look for you the next time and friend you if I havent already.

Sighs. Promo is indeed time consuming. I’m still trying to find my balance so I’m not either writing and totally ignoring promo or vice versa.

Happy Holidays and your doggie is adorable.

· December 22nd, 2006 at 11:06 pm · Link

thanks Daisy and Maria! I like the cover a lot. EC have always given me great covers!
    Hi Emma, and welcome to my blog-I’ll watch out for you on myspace!