A sweet day!
Friday, October 27th, 2006 Oct 27th, 2006 leave a response

There has been a tussle in Kate’s head as naughty Kate Pearce has finally been gagged, tied up and dumped in the corner so that nice Kate can hijack this blog.

Nice Kate has a nice short story coming out today from The Wild Rose Press
(who are very good people to work with)

The story is called “The Talisman” and it’s set in England after WWII when an injured US airman comes back to the village he was stationed in during the war to see if he can find his lucky charm.

I wrote it quite a while ago and only remembered it when my crit partner Dana Mentink suggested I send something in to them. (She has 2 books coming out with TWRP soon and she is a fabulous writer!)Well, when I say suggested, I mean nagged but then that’s what crit partners are there for isn’t it?

The link to the TWRP is on my website if anyone would like to go and check out that Kate can actually write something without a single rude word in it.
My mother will be proud of me. I even dedicated the book to her!

Other news-we have found a dog! I’m so excited, and no, it’s not a chicken breast although I have to say that Lillian’s Chinese crested hairless doggie did come quite close to the Mr Kate criteria. It’s a 3 year old Cavalier King Charles spaniel called Hunter.
He’s arriving on Tuesday so I’ll tell you all about him then.

7 comments to “A sweet day!”

· October 27th, 2006 at 6:48 pm · Link

3 cheers for nice kate!

And for Sir Hunter as well…

2. Lillian Feisty
      · October 27th, 2006 at 10:54 pm · Link

Yeah! I can’t wait to read it!

Also, congrats on the dog!!

· October 28th, 2006 at 1:44 am · Link

yup-that’s his full name, Sir Hunter Chips O’Boys
    sounds like something from a romance novel! But I still reckon the big dogs will laugh at him in the park if I shout all that out!

· October 28th, 2006 at 9:04 pm · Link

Isn’t it terrible having to put your naughty side on a leash? I hate it!! Mind you, even my ‘nice’ stories have the odd swear word slipped in, I just can’t seem to help myself, it’s not my writing if it’s all sweetness and light. But wouldn’t be boring if we were nice all the time?!

5. Kristen
      · October 29th, 2006 at 2:55 am · Link

Yeah, Kate!

Enjoy the Cav. Such sweet dogs. πŸ˜€

6. MarlyMathews
      · October 29th, 2006 at 10:47 am · Link

Congrats on the release of The Talisman!!! πŸ™‚

Also congrats on getting Hunter…I bet you can’t wait until Tuesday! He’s one handsome little lord doggie!

~Marly