Congratulations and Catastrophe!
Wednesday, May 3rd, 2006 May 3rd, 2006 leave a response

First off a big shout out to my friend Jan Conwell whose first book came out this week with Triskelion publishing (you all know my lousy computer skills so don’t expect a link yet) Her book is called LUCKY BREAK and its a romantic contemporary slightly suspenseful fantastic read.

I was lucky enough to get to read it in its younger days so it will be fascinating to read the edited version and see just how many of my wonderful suggestions Jan wisely chose to ignore (just kidding, Jan)
I wanted to get this up and out while I go and figure out how to download the cover and blurb for you all. (again you know I have severe techno-phobia) but I’ll get it up there I promise! Or better still check out my links page, click on Jan Conwell’s blog and she can tell you all about it herself!

Speaking of my lack of computer skills-I ended up lacking a computer this weekend. My computer fried…it was a horrible moment as Mr Kate tried to work out what had gone wrong with it and I tried to stop blubbing like a 5 year old-pathetic I know.
Luckily they managed to save the motherboard so all my files were fine but I lost a lot of other things and have spent most of the last few days trying to find passwords, bookmarks, email addy’s etc.

So don’t forget-LUCKY BREAK BY JAN CONWELL FROM TRISKELION PUBLISHING-go get a copy now you won’t regret it!

8 comments to “Congratulations and Catastrophe!”

1. Jan Conwell
      · May 3rd, 2006 at 12:12 pm · Link

Kate, you rock. Yeah, that’s archaic and I’m probably showing my age, but…you really do rock. Permission to re-publish my interview w/ you on my blog?

· May 4th, 2006 at 4:47 am · Link

Jan-absolutely go ahead
    And you rock too baby

3. Caffey
      · May 5th, 2006 at 8:04 pm · Link

Hi Kate!! I’m visiting after having visited your site and EC. Love historicals!!! Gosh, and I missed yours! Do you have a newsletter?
    Hi Jan too! Congrats again on your release! Yep Jan’s book is at Triskelion dot net. You mentioned you didn’t know the link to it Kate.
    Off to go check if you have a book in print too, gosh I miss reading a hot historical! Have a great weekend!
    Cathie

4. Faith
      · May 5th, 2006 at 11:32 pm · Link

I lost half of one of my novels due to a horrible glitch in my pc, which was at a precarious age when it happened. I hadn’t even had time to update and back up the file when it happened. I actually laid my head on the keyboard and cried.

· May 6th, 2006 at 3:46 am · Link

Thanks for stopping by Cathie!

· May 6th, 2006 at 3:49 am · Link

Hi Faith (I love that name)and thanks for adding your tale of woe. I have to admit that Mr Kate wouldn’t let me come with him to the Geek Squad guys in case I burst into tears if they couldn’t save my stuff. I think he knows me too well.

7. Mr Kate
      · May 8th, 2006 at 4:35 am · Link

Sorry to correct your blog but: The mother board was fried by a power surge my dear, the disk drive was saved and so your files were OK!

Sometips for all of you writing folk 1)Install a surge protector on your computer ($12 from Best Buy) 2) Back up those books now!!.. Easiest way is to a USB memory stick (A 1GB memory stick will cost about $60) Just poke it in a USB slot on your computer and copy the file across every time you have finished your work for the day..

Well worth the money šŸ™‚

Mr Kate (AKA Web Monkey)

· May 8th, 2006 at 4:47 am · Link

I didn’t understand a word Mr Kate said but someone out in blogland might.
    Thanks love!