YIKES!
Friday, November 11th, 2005 Nov 11th, 2005 leave a response

So much for slowing down and taking things easy…

Ellora’s Cave have decided to publish “Eden’s Pleasure” next week (November 16th) as opposed to next March. So much for a leisurely meander into promo’s and reviews and publicity.

Now I’m running around like a headless chicken trying to organize stuff.

My lovely pal Wendy whose book,”Lessons and Lovers” was due out the same day as mine in March, is in the same position. We’re both thinking about emigrating or going to work stacking shelfs rather than being writers. Luckily we’ve been able to bounce ideas off each other too.

So, I’ve got ad space booked at ‘The Romance Studio’ and ‘The Road to Romance’ for late November and December. I’ve posted an excerpt over at Ellora’s Cave chat-a great and busy list and I’m blogging up a storm. One nice thing I’ve realized is that I have made a lot of contacts over the past three years and that romance writers are some of the nicest people in the universe. (Big shout out to Sylvia, Mandy, Julia and Daisy here for info and encouragement)

Now all I have to do is hope that I sell a few copies…and that people like it and that I get even one nice review I can put on my website-even if it’s only one word! It’s terrifying, but kind of exciting as well.

I haven’t written much, although I did finish the latest erotic romance-badly-but at least it’s done. I’m still trying to take some time off despite the pressure!

8 comments to “YIKES!”

1. Kristen
      · November 13th, 2005 at 7:03 am · Link

Congrats, Kate!

I’ve a post lined up on the 16th to push your book.

Looking forward to reading it.

Enjoy a nice cup of tea.

2. MariaGeraci
      · November 14th, 2005 at 4:18 am · Link

I can’t wait to read this, Kate!

3. Tess McIntyre
      · November 14th, 2005 at 4:20 pm · Link

It’ll be featured on the Tess McIntyre blog! 🙂 As well as Mel’s blog…when it’s available!

· November 15th, 2005 at 6:45 pm · Link

it sure is going to be fun delving into Naughty Kate’s head!

· November 15th, 2005 at 9:49 pm · Link

Naughty Kate even surprises me sometimes-I don’t know where she gets her ideas from!
    Thanks for all the support, guys!

· November 16th, 2005 at 7:46 pm · Link

bought the book this morning. 🙂

7. Daisy Dexter Dobbs
      · November 17th, 2005 at 5:49 am · Link

Great big bushels of congratulations to you, Kate!!! I’m so excited for you. I remember how much I loved your book’s cover the first time I saw it, and it looks simply scintillating up on the Ellora’s Cave site today. 🙂

I have no doubt that Eden’s Pleasure will be a favorite with EC readers and reviewers alike. Enjoy the very special happiness that comes with a book’s release–this is YOUR day Miss Kate! 😀

· August 29th, 2006 at 11:53 am · Link

Thank you!
    [url=http://rpxoujcb.com/wgqr/tlqs.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://zffdmssb.com/jgqh/xfdh.html]Cool site[/url]